Reed D. Meyer: Music
- String Quartet in F Major, second movement (1992). Performed
by a string quartet in 1992.
- The Second Waltz (1988?). Composed on an Amiga computer and entered in high school competitions; awards are listed below.
- Minor-Major (1986?). Composed on an Amiga computer.
- Halley’s Comet Overture for Full Orchestra, adapted for the Amiga computer (1986).
Awards for The Second Waltz
- First Place, music, Central Dauphin Council of PTAs National PTA Reflections Project (school district level, Harrisburg, PA), 1989
- Second Place, Music Division, Central Dauphin High School PTSA, part of
Pennsylvania PTA’s Reflections Program (school district level), 1988–1989
- Honorable Mention, Senior High Music, Pennsylvania State PTA Reflections
Project (state level), 1989
- Penn State Philharmonic Orchestra, 1989–1993
- PMEA All State Festival, Founders Hall, Hershey, PA, 19891
- PMEA Region IV-V Orchestra, Northwest Area High School, Shickshinny, PA, 19891
- PMEA District 7 Orchestra, Lebanon High School (Penna.), 19891
- PMEA District 7 Orchestra, William Penn Senior High School, York, PA, 19881
- PMEA Region IV-V Orchestra, Garden Spot High School, New Holland, PA, 19871
- PMEA District 7 Orchestra, Gettysburg Senior High School (Penna.), 19871
- PMEA District 7 Orchestra, Millersville University (Penna.), 19861
- Harrisburg Youth Symphony Orchestra (Penna.), 1984–1989
- Various school and Dauphin County (Penna.) orchestral programs, 1981–1989
- A regular avocation since 1980
- Accolaÿ, Concerto No. 1 in A minor, Swatara Junior High School,
Harrisburg, PA, 1986
- Händel, Sonata No. 4 in D (mvt. 2), Swatara Junior High School,
Harrisburg, PA, 1985
- Various school and Dauphin County (Penna.) choral programs through 1985
1Students in Grades 7–12 from
Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry, and York
counties audition for the annual Pennsylvania Music Educators Association (PMEA)
District 7 Orchestra.
Members of this orchestra who are in Grades 9–12 audition for
the PMEA Region IV-V State Orchestra, which encompasses
Districts 7, 8, 9, and 10, viz., the eastern half of the
state aside from Philadelphia and its suburbs.
Similarly, PMEA All-State Orchestra consists of musicians from the three
regional orchestras: the Western Region, Region IV-V, and Region VI.
Return to the summary page